AskMuallim

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AskMuallim
AskMuallim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divinely inspired or diabolically?

2 posters

Go down

Divinely inspired or diabolically? Empty Divinely inspired or diabolically?

Post  IbnMuhammad Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:00 am

Something came to mind earlier, I thought it would be best to jot it down before it slips my mind. What do the shuyookh think about this:

If we were set a certain topic for a specific period of time - e.g Mudharabah for 3 weeks - and allow the shuyookh to conduct their individual research on the topic, compare our findings and evaluate our overall research. Maybe we could have a different member choosing the next topic.

(If I do sound like a child that suggests to his parents that the quickest way to make money is to photocopy £20 notes, then please let me know)

Najib Rahmani
pale

IbnMuhammad

Back to top Go down

Divinely inspired or diabolically? Empty Re: Divinely inspired or diabolically?

Post  imran afzal Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Sounds like a good idea, however it wouldn't be so simple. What we don't want is students posting massive articles as it would be very time consuming to read and if ten people were to post such a reply then no one would bother reading them all.I'm guessing the idea is that students post information that is rare or information that is complicated and then simplify it or how certain topics may be applicable in modern day context.

What is needed is a system by which informatin being repeated is avoided as well as information which can easily be found in books. One possible solution could be that if one student could take it upon himself to give an overview of the chosen topic and then he himself or other students can think of possible questions which need to be answered.Certain ideas may be further developed and discussed to a greater degree.

For example you mentioned mudhaarabah. So one person would give a genrel overveiw and then students may ask 'Does mudhaarabah exsist in the current banking system or is it possible to implement, and if so, how?'. Someone else may ask 'Kitab X mentions such and such whereas in the hadith such and such is mentioned, so why is there apparrent contradiction and how can it be overcome?' etc.

I don't know if i'm making sense or not.Let me know, jazakaallhu khayr.Remember me in your duas.

imran afzal

Back to top Go down

Post  IbnMuhammad Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:17 pm

Jazakallah Shaykh Imran for the feedback. I completely undedrstand the ramifications of there being a dozen 2000 word articles to read through. But as you mentioned we could set one for each individual or perhaps get a few individuals to collude and produce something?

The largest burden lies on the Madrassa students. It's their duty to:

1) Keep the difficult questions and topics coming in.
2) Create awareness of the blog in their Madrassahs.

And on the topic of future plans, I was hoping if you could speak to Waseem about how he could help. Just one last thing, I think we could organise a meeting of some sort between the members and discuss the matters at length.

IbnMuhammad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum