AskMuallim

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AskMuallim
AskMuallim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taraweeh Dua

2 posters

Go down

Taraweeh Dua Empty Taraweeh Dua

Post  khalillaher Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:18 pm

There is more reward in reciting those supplication's/prayers which are proven from Ahaadeeth especially during the Tarweeha(the rest between 4 Rakaat's of Taraweeh) instead of reading 'Subhana dhil Mulki wal Malakoowti' which to locate in Ahadeeth is almost impossible even though a Jurist has mentioned it in his book.

If the status of a certion action is given more of a status then what it actually is the Fuqaha(Jurist's of Islam) say Leave the action. In this case at the moment people not only think reciting 'Subhanal Dhil Izati' it is sunnah, but think it is wajib and look down upon those who do not recite it.

Moulana Rashid Ahmed Gangohi used to recite ' Subhanallah Wal Hamdulillah Wa La Ilaha Illalllahu Wallahuakbar'.(Fatawa Dar-al-Uloom, Deoband Volume-4 pg 246 question number- 1761)

Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi was asked,"during the tarweehah(the rest between four rakaa'ts of taraweeh) what do you recite?" he replied by saying," No supplication during this time has been prescribed by the shariah but i just read durood shareef 25 time's".(Tuhfa Ramadhan pg111)

I know this might sound or come across as arrogance or possible hair-splitting, I think the word عظمة has been given incorrect diacritics in all posters and handouts. Surely Azmat is how you pronounce it in Urdu, but the Arabic is 'A-Dha-Ma, (bi Fath al-'Dhaa) and pronounced as A-dha-mah. I remember looking in many Arabic lexicons (Taj al-Arus, Lisan al-Arab, al-Sihah, Qamus al-Muhit) (Han's wehr dictionary has azmat bi-sukoon al-dhaa)
to see if there might be a lugahat-e-Shadhah as such. Unfortunately, I didnt find it. If anyone does, please relieve me. I have told some responsible musallis, Ulama, and those responsible for the distribution of these posters, they felt I was hair-splitting and frowned at me.(Typical me)

I just feel that the word leaves room for misinterpretation. Adhm which means bone and ta could possibly be the ta al-Wahida (to denote one) as in Tuffaha ( تفاحة) meaning, one apple as opposed to Tuffa (تفاح) apples or Shajarah in contrast to Shajar. Adhmat would mean one bone, which would imply God is ... (God Forbid!)

What needs to happen is the situation needs to be neutralised so that people can look beyond this dua. At the moment people not only think it is sunnah, but think it is wajib and look down upon those who do not recite it. Posters go up during Ramadhan which we do not see for even the most soundly established a'mal and ad'iyah. After people have understood that it is not sunnah and other things can be recited, this dhikr can be presented as an option among many. But first a specific effort is needed for people to understand and protect themselves from risking falling in to bid'ah.

Please check this fatwa also:
http://askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=d3de130bd0f6a63f50a9f5b1f8ec137c

http://www.ilmgate.org/the-status-of-the-tarawih-supplication-tasbih/

Margoowb-Al-Fatawa Volume 3 pg 429, Jamiah al-Qiraat Kaflayta print

Last edited by khalillaher on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 6 times in total

khalillaher

Back to top Go down

Taraweeh Dua Empty Re: Taraweeh Dua

Post  ibn munayyar Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:30 pm

LINE 2 * 'Aa-Dha-Ma, (bi Fath idh-DhAA), unless you mean the Ain radical, then there's no need for correction

ibn munayyar

Back to top Go down

Post  khalillaher Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Jazakallah i just edited the post.
May Allah reward you

khalillaher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down