AskMuallim

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

AskMuallim
AskMuallim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most suitable meaning of verse 29 of Surah Maidah

2 posters

Go down

Most suitable meaning of verse 29 of Surah Maidah Empty Most suitable meaning of verse 29 of Surah Maidah

Post  IbnMuhammad Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:10 am

Verse 29 talks about the dispute between Haabil and Qaabil.

"Lo! I would rather thou shouldst bear the punishment of the sin against me and thine own sin and become one of the owners of the fire. That is the reward of evil-doers." (Pickthal)

It's clear that Haabil wants Qaabil to go to Jahannam. How could any muslim desire another muslim to enter into Jahannam?

I've skimmed through a few tafseers which try to portray Haabil's word in a positive light and quite unconvincingly so. Take for instance what Makki bin Abi Talib states in الهداية إلى بلوغ النهاية:

هو حقيقة ، لأنه لمّا قال {لأَقْتُلَكَ} ، استوجب النار بما تقدم في علم الله عز وجل أنه سيفعل ، فعلى المؤمن أن يريد ما أراد الله

I just can't find a jawaab-i-shaafi as they call it.

IbnMuhammad

Back to top Go down

Most suitable meaning of verse 29 of Surah Maidah Empty الجواب الشافي

Post  Arif Abdul aziz Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:24 pm

بسم الله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله

وسئل أبو الحسن بن كيسان : كيف يريد المؤمن أن يأثم أخوه وأن يدخل النار ؟ فقال : إنما وقعت الإرادة بعدما بسط يده إليه بالقتل ; والمعنى : لئن بسطت إلي يدك لتقتلني لأمتنعن من ذلك مريدا للثواب ; فقيل له : فكيف قال : بإثمي وإثمك ; وأي إثم له إذا قتل ؟ فقال : فيه ثلاثة أجوبة

أحدها : أن تبوء بإثم قتلي وإثم ذنبك الذي من أجله لم يتقبل قربانك ، ويروى هذا القول عن مجاهد .

والوجه الآخر : أن تبوء بإثم قتلي وإثم اعتدائك علي ; لأنه قد يأثم بالاعتداء وإن لم يقتل .

والوجه الثالث : أنه لو بسط يده إليه أثم ; فرأى أنه إذا أمسك عن ذلك فإثمه يرجع على صاحبه

(الجامع لأحكام القران)

I hope this is a الجواب الشافي for you

Arif Abdul aziz

Arif Abdul aziz

Back to top Go down